Marcus T.

Marcus T.

@syrian_dad

Follow 1
Block?
Confirm
Two weeks each is a solid test as well, not just a first night impression.

hamster-c37QLm51k67lMuxjTwN.jpg hamster-c11NwfntZzfmSxZaWs6.jpg hamster-c210MncJKz0rZdV7qHR.jpg hamster-c27P3zAi9RiGoj6bqi4.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/cEWbVJtW
Emma W.
Emma W.: Bedding depth experiment: fifteen centimetres versus twenty five, two weeks each. I counted tunnels every night. At fifteen he made two shor...
Cage Setup & Decor
The grains list is handy. Mine goes mad for a bit of cooked rice.

hamster-c56s9lkidT0XfZaIJAm.jpg hamster-c61KDQTmDjMJThPsqIc.jpg hamster-c05ItmLVs7NE4l1Vhla.jpg hamster-c55BOx0qhSIM0ZiuCNm.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/y17wPXGX
zhainan
zhainan: What do baby hamsters eat? [file:d3kRfU2k] [file:Zc6G3wQY] 1. Hamster pellets Although hamsters can eat a wide variety of foods, hamster pel...
Sharing everyday life
The not moving for twenty minutes part. I know that feeling exactly.

hamster-c25Bigc7UvL3qoL0MpD.jpg hamster-c19dZNYyPLZT85eRwA9.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/aFVjNHmg
Sofia M.
Sofia M.: First time he fell asleep in my hand. Six weeks of sitting next to the cage with my hand inside doing nothing at all. Tonight he walked on,...
Sharing everyday life
I stopped worrying about the schedule and just check for curling instead.

hamster-c699ylyNvXTcXDuqwpx.jpg hamster-c49dM7Gg0ZiCBK3cWqk.jpg hamster-c482Q8s7rfsTxA4LBiD.jpg hamster-c22QjdgJzhw9ZyPRMZH.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/PCYZAucM
Chloe B.
Chloe B.: How often do you actually trim nails? Everything online says every few weeks, but mine wears his down on the wheel and I have not needed to...
Health & Vet Help
Do you tape the joints inside and out? Mine pulls them apart from the inside.

hamster-c482Q8s7rfsTxA4LBiD.jpg hamster-c30HLChfACve6l3cQiL.jpg hamster-c12xsl9bu8nSQvhI4eN.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/bIS7gYdv
Noah K.
Noah K.: Cardboard maze for the playpen, total cost about two pounds. Four cereal boxes, a roll of tape and a pair of scissors. He spent forty minute...
Cage Setup & Decor
The window thing is underrated. Mine stopped when the cage moved out of direct sunlight.

https://hamstertribe.com/comment/H1FS7KTA
Liam P.
Liam P.: How I finally stopped the bar chewing. The fix was not more toys. It was moving the cage away from the window and adding twenty centimetres...
Cage Setup & Decor
The 80/15/5 ratio is useful, I had never seen it written down anywhere.

hamster-c19dZNYyPLZT85eRwA9.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/VzXdFqUt
zhainan
zhainan: How many times should hamsters be fed per day? [file:7A2vux7M] [file:6s1cAqNk] Feeding plans should be adjusted according to the hamster...
Sharing everyday life
The night test for resonance is something I have never seen written down. Useful.

hamster-c16bUneO8zdgiaQkhG6.jpg hamster-c50ZkGXvPoEvYU2nlHd.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/OPThe9Bn
zhainan
zhainan: Insufficient exercise causes hamster obesity, bar chewing and stress. A good wheel is enrichment gear, not just a toy. 2026 keepers prioriti...
Sharing everyday life
What size did you go to? I am second guessing mine now.

hamster-c09uKE7bGzYSvmvZHxx.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/9iC7oi0Z
Ava L.
Ava L.: Signs your wheel is too small, and what I wish I had known. I watched mine for a week and noted three things: his back curving while running...
Health & Vet Help
Checking the bottle is actually releasing is the one daily thing I would never skip. Lost a hamster to a stuck bottle years ago.

hamster-c10Y67X478Q6G8cIWtB.jpg hamster-c571SrFrDanlCNukwLr.jpg hamster-c36JGf6XmcwrTddUixt.jpg hamster-c39ABqa50aPPLZcnorI.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/9okaPGp3
Ava L.
Ava L.: The photo is the food bowl, about ten minutes into the evening. I did not believe routine mattered until I had a hamster who went from hidi...
Sharing everyday life
Good summary. The adapt quietly at first point is the one I wish I had known on day one.

hamster-c23KYm3TCS4yIIbX3Qx.jpg hamster-c62c7y9XTQHE2A90Kpn.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/JGDc2Xxj
zhainan
zhainan: Hamsters look cute and adorable. Many people choose hamsters as their pets. However, hamsters are small in size and have relatively fragile...
Treats & Supplies
What bedding do you use at that depth? Dust is my problem once it gets deeper.

hamster-c45lTLMm3rzElqbNylw.jpg hamster-c30HLChfACve6l3cQiL.jpg hamster-c12xsl9bu8nSQvhI4eN.jpg hamster-c11NwfntZzfmSxZaWs6.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/1vIc9pt4
Emma W.
Emma W.: Sharing this because it took me two hamsters and a lot of reading to get it right. When I started out I used maybe 4-5cm of bedding because...
Sharing everyday life
Second the wheel point especially for robos, they need the space more than the syrians in my experience.

hamster-c534aeuFcmgd91ZzOJf.jpg hamster-c41arZ9BheldACugY8V.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/qojmNGlP
Chloe B.
Chloe B.: Kept dwarfs years ago and finally have the space again. Picking up a pair of Roborovskis next week. Surprised how much the recommended cage...
Treats & Supplies
No point needed. This is exactly the post people need to see in week two when they think it is not working.

hamster-c30HLChfACve6l3cQiL.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/gYyOVhBS
Emma W.
Emma W.: Six weeks of patience and daily short sessions. Tonight he just climbed on and went to sleep. No real point to this post, I am just very ha...
Treats & Supplies
What sand are you using? I switched to a finer one and mine stopped sneezing after.

hamster-c24RfB45FkgMLja6aCP.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/nhkXSqNX
Sofia M.
Sofia M.: Put the dish in and she immediately rolled in it for a solid five minutes, then sat in it looking extremely pleased with herself. Sand bath...
Treats & Supplies
Scroll up to load more