Marcus T.

Marcus T.

@syrian_dad

Follow 1
Block?
Confirm
Hemp holds tunnels much better. Paper is cheaper but I found myself topping it up constantly.

https://hamstertribe.com/comment/VQtUHa7N
Emma W.
Emma W.: Six weeks of patience and daily short sessions. Tonight he just climbed on and went to sleep. No real point to this post, I am just very ha...
Treats & Supplies
Two weeks of each here. Hemp for tunnels, paper for the nest itself. Neither wins outright.

hamster-c443biTN0M1tkODwhyr.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/Q8p2Iq49
Noah K.
Noah K.: Paper is cheap and easy to find but it does not hold tunnels at all in my experience. Hemp seems to hold shape better. Anyone compared them...
Cage Setup & Decor
How is the ventilation holding up? That was the one thing I could never get right on mine.

hamster-c41arZ9BheldACugY8V.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/d5HcaHYF
Chloe B.
Chloe B.: Finally finished the enclosure. Base is a modified storage bin, lid is mesh, and I added a raised platform so there is usable floor space un...
Cage Setup & Decor
She looks so pleased with herself. Sand baths are the best entertainment.

https://hamstertribe.com/comment/w9hXOFuh
Chloe B.
Chloe B.: Finally finished the enclosure. Base is a modified storage bin, lid is mesh, and I added a raised platform so there is usable floor space un...
Cage Setup & Decor
Soft droppings in the first week are usually stress, but the hunched posture is the part I would not ignore.

hamster-c389qzaRQiO8TrRaf3R.jpg hamster-c09uKE7bGzYSvmvZHxx.jpg hamster-c24RfB45FkgMLja6aCP.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/LR6K3kSM
Sofia M.
Sofia M.: Picked up my new hamster three days ago and today the droppings are soft and he is a bit hunched. No tail wetness that I can see, and he is...
Health & Vet Help
Mine does exactly this. I ended up giving him a deep section on one side only and he has been fine for months.

https://hamstertribe.com/comment/zfUjQ9hS
Emma W.
Emma W.: I keep reading that 15cm is the minimum, but my Syrian just builds one giant nest in the corner and ignores the rest. Should I still fill t...
Sharing everyday life
Scroll up to load more