Chloe B.

Chloe B.

@peanut_butler

Follow 1
Block?
Confirm
The four cereal boxes detail makes it doable. Most of the ones I see are much more involved.

hamster-c13ONX1wInqQg99Ykp9.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/RMpAQDSJ
Noah K.
Noah K.: Cardboard maze for the playpen, total cost about two pounds. Four cereal boxes, a roll of tape and a pair of scissors. He spent forty minute...
Cage Setup & Decor
The plant section is useful. Mine gets a bit of alfalfa now and seems to like it.

hamster-c51DL5jIsJZFsFHuT3Q.jpg hamster-c50ZkGXvPoEvYU2nlHd.jpg hamster-c14adXQb0hidX0WIVjE.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/KIAr5wgH
zhainan
zhainan: What do baby hamsters eat? [file:d3kRfU2k] [file:Zc6G3wQY] 1. Hamster pellets Although hamsters can eat a wide variety of foods, hamster pel...
Sharing everyday life
Hoarding spoiled food is the one I learned the hard way. Smaller portions and it stopped.

hamster-c68mk0RMZUsKri1osRF.jpg hamster-c60j2RGy12sMz9w9vma.jpg hamster-c37QLm51k67lMuxjTwN.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/No545yx6
zhainan
zhainan: How many times should hamsters be fed per day? [file:7A2vux7M] [file:6s1cAqNk] Feeding plans should be adjusted according to the hamster...
Sharing everyday life
The window point. Mine improved the day I moved him away from a draught as well.

hamster-c04WKQk6O2veVjmtQvZ.jpg hamster-c54GWzSG5Si6yBu8Kyd.jpg hamster-c25Bigc7UvL3qoL0MpD.jpg hamster-c29RvzdmFyo97g1LI3J.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/HjZTv9Ex
Liam P.
Liam P.: How I finally stopped the bar chewing. The fix was not more toys. It was moving the cage away from the window and adding twenty centimetres...
Cage Setup & Decor
Five tunnels is a lot. What bedding are you using to hold them that well?

https://hamstertribe.com/comment/7MZRA9KY
Emma W.
Emma W.: Bedding depth experiment: fifteen centimetres versus twenty five, two weeks each. I counted tunnels every night. At fifteen he made two shor...
Cage Setup & Decor
The drooling is the tell. Good that you went when you did rather than waiting another day.

hamster-c46liieVE07e3XWBJPa.jpg hamster-c699ylyNvXTcXDuqwpx.jpg hamster-c04WKQk6O2veVjmtQvZ.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/PSGubiTN
Marcus T.
Marcus T.: Cheek pouch problem, and this is what it looked like day one versus day three. Day one was just a slightly lopsided face. By day three he wa...
Health & Vet Help
Same thing happened to me with a pine-based bedding. Switched back and it settled within three days.

https://hamstertribe.com/comment/DEKCEWMQ
Daniel R.
Daniel R.: Switched bedding brand two days ago and his droppings went soft. Not watery, just softer than usual and a bit lighter in colour. He is still...
Health & Vet Help
The cork tunnel under the bedding sounds great. Where did you get yours?

hamster-c31e5DEroz6DJgngE4P.jpg hamster-c699ylyNvXTcXDuqwpx.jpg hamster-c12xsl9bu8nSQvhI4eN.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/dhlw4IpL
Liam P.
Liam P.: The photo is a snuggle sack, which is still his favourite thing to sleep in, though not every week. I went through a phase of buying a new...
Cage Setup & Decor
The 8pm sitting at the front of the cage is exactly what happened with mine. Took about a fortnight.

hamster-c52cDzTch8pCT9Tz3zE.jpg hamster-c36JGf6XmcwrTddUixt.jpg hamster-c33KMSkbbx70xmt7fc9.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/1jcVo59c
Ava L.
Ava L.: The photo is the food bowl, about ten minutes into the evening. I did not believe routine mattered until I had a hamster who went from hidi...
Sharing everyday life
The weekly body check is a good habit to build early, especially once they get older.

hamster-c443biTN0M1tkODwhyr.jpg hamster-c23KYm3TCS4yIIbX3Qx.jpg hamster-c1763e8u2A7pdSoj3kD.jpg hamster-c12xsl9bu8nSQvhI4eN.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/h0mmo1Ja
zhainan
zhainan: 1. **Lifespan-reducing factors** Hamsters live 2–3 years on average. Improper diet, dirty living environment and neglected health cond...
Treats & Supplies
The weighing point. I started doing it weekly and caught a slow drop early because of it.

hamster-c02YLgj64rvVNbZYPM1.jpg hamster-c15LLU4DGbzRlyrcuwP.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/LhePaTfp
Daniel R.
Daniel R.: Sharing my current treat list, because I spent the first few months buying colourful things from the pet shop that were mostly sugar. The p...
Treats & Supplies
The cables point is real. Mine found one behind a cupboard I had forgotten existed.

hamster-c61KDQTmDjMJThPsqIc.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/pHqKQ43h
Marcus T.
Marcus T.: The photo is him after playpen time, which is the most tiring part of his day. I do not have a proper playpen, so I use the bathroom floor...
Treats & Supplies
The bit about not fully cleaning is the one I wish I had read a year ago. I was doing a full change weekly and wondering why he was miserable.

hamster-c12xsl9bu8nSQvhI4eN.jpg hamster-c13ONX1wInqQg99Ykp9.jpg hamster-c66jB1Q6H2CsgXk7GFU.jpg hamster-c571SrFrDanlCNukwLr.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/CrpX2cDg
Emma W.
Emma W.: Sharing this because it took me two hamsters and a lot of reading to get it right. When I started out I used maybe 4-5cm of bedding because...
Sharing everyday life
The flat back test is the only advice that matters. Everything else is preference.

hamster-c210MncJKz0rZdV7qHR.jpg hamster-c06duyO0s1ChgKzWXGY.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/uZtapvVj
Noah K.
Noah K.: I have now owned four wheels. Here is what I would tell my past self. The single rule that matters: they have to run with a flat back. If t...
Cage Setup & Decor
Mine gets one piece twice a week and is still climbing into my hand for it, so it seems about right.

hamster-c34VlOO5F8kqlKn0CrS.jpg hamster-c36JGf6XmcwrTddUixt.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/nBdVLUrF
Ava L.
Ava L.: My hamster would eat these all day if I let him. Currently giving one small piece twice a week. Is that reasonable, or am I overdoing the p...
Treats & Supplies
Scroll up to load more