Daniel R.

Daniel R.

@paws_and_seeds

Follow
Block?
Confirm
How long did it take to stop completely? Mine is two days in and still at it.

hamster-c22QjdgJzhw9ZyPRMZH.jpg hamster-c34VlOO5F8kqlKn0CrS.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/7c3NTQTM
Liam P.
Liam P.: How I finally stopped the bar chewing. The fix was not more toys. It was moving the cage away from the window and adding twenty centimetres...
Cage Setup & Decor
Cutting hard shelled insects open with scissors is a good safety detail.

hamster-c67OPVo0kZLcua3S4Nc.jpg hamster-c389qzaRQiO8TrRaf3R.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/Gss52mPh
zhainan
zhainan: What do baby hamsters eat? [file:d3kRfU2k] [file:Zc6G3wQY] 1. Hamster pellets Although hamsters can eat a wide variety of foods, hamster pel...
Sharing everyday life
The stopping every few seconds was the giveaway for me too. Nobody mentions that one.

https://hamstertribe.com/comment/ZZ9EJWIC
Ava L.
Ava L.: Signs your wheel is too small, and what I wish I had known. I watched mine for a week and noted three things: his back curving while running...
Health & Vet Help
Silence is worth paying extra for. A squeaky wheel at 2am ruins the whole hobby.

hamster-c29RvzdmFyo97g1LI3J.jpg hamster-c58TQSSLl6BsmouiOwn.jpg hamster-c36JGf6XmcwrTddUixt.jpg hamster-c42kcHqY0cg6lukPnXP.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/yNrIGjSV
zhainan
zhainan: Insufficient exercise causes hamster obesity, bar chewing and stress. A good wheel is enrichment gear, not just a toy. 2026 keepers prioriti...
Sharing everyday life
Rotating rather than adding more is something I had never considered. Trying it this month.

hamster-c60j2RGy12sMz9w9vma.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/Dg8bCAW9
Liam P.
Liam P.: The photo is a snuggle sack, which is still his favourite thing to sleep in, though not every week. I went through a phase of buying a new...
Cage Setup & Decor
The false hibernation warning deserves its own post honestly. It catches people every winter.

hamster-c64RxPmqppmLFML8sWI.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/IX81cFJw
zhainan
zhainan: Hamsters look cute and adorable. Many people choose hamsters as their pets. However, hamsters are small in size and have relatively fragile...
Treats & Supplies
The bearings point is underrated. Mine got loud at four months and one drop of oil fixed it.

hamster-c63iyjKYcfm1Zs3N0HH.jpg hamster-c49dM7Gg0ZiCBK3cWqk.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/oEK1ElyA
Noah K.
Noah K.: I have now owned four wheels. Here is what I would tell my past self. The single rule that matters: they have to run with a flat back. If t...
Cage Setup & Decor
Handling over the bed instead of standing up is such a simple fix and I had never thought about it.

hamster-c13ONX1wInqQg99Ykp9.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/fnxWrdFJ
Chloe B.
Chloe B.: I want to write this down because when I searched for advice at the start I mostly found either "just pick them up" or nothing use...
Sharing everyday life
Keep everything the same for a week, then start the hand-in-cage routine. There is a good taming thread on here.

hamster-c29RvzdmFyo97g1LI3J.jpg hamster-c14adXQb0hidX0WIVjE.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/hcMoAmRH
Marcus T.
Marcus T.: Just brought home a Syrian male, about 10 weeks old. He is still hiding most of the day but comes out around 9pm. Looking forward to learni...
Treats & Supplies
She looks so pleased with herself, that expression is the whole reason we keep them.

hamster-c43Wc0thYokB6XhLTco.jpg hamster-c25Bigc7UvL3qoL0MpD.jpg hamster-c443biTN0M1tkODwhyr.jpg hamster-c534aeuFcmgd91ZzOJf.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/1a6SICor
Sofia M.
Sofia M.: Put the dish in and she immediately rolled in it for a solid five minutes, then sat in it looking extremely pleased with herself. Sand bath...
Treats & Supplies
Mine drinks noticeably more from the dish as well. I only noticed how little he used the bottle after switching.

hamster-c50ZkGXvPoEvYU2nlHd.jpg hamster-c210MncJKz0rZdV7qHR.jpg hamster-c12xsl9bu8nSQvhI4eN.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/SUxAzohU
Liam P.
Liam P.: Switched to a shallow ceramic bowl last month. He drinks noticeably more and it is much easier to see how much he is actually getting. Only...
Treats & Supplies
This is the most useful thing I have read on here in a while. Saving it.

https://hamstertribe.com/comment/8OpZ9btH
Ava L.
Ava L.: My hamster would eat these all day if I let him. Currently giving one small piece twice a week. Is that reasonable, or am I overdoing the p...
Treats & Supplies
Scroll up to load more