Ava L.

Ava L.

@mochi_moments

Follow 1
Block?
Confirm
Five tunnels versus two is such a clear result. Post this every time someone asks about bedding depth.

hamster-c09uKE7bGzYSvmvZHxx.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/HaesDs3R
Emma W.
Emma W.: Bedding depth experiment: fifteen centimetres versus twenty five, two weeks each. I counted tunnels every night. At fifteen he made two shor...
Cage Setup & Decor
The buying toys that did nothing phase is such a common experience. Good that you wrote it up.

hamster-c05ItmLVs7NE4l1Vhla.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/TEH6oOMC
Liam P.
Liam P.: How I finally stopped the bar chewing. The fix was not more toys. It was moving the cage away from the window and adding twenty centimetres...
Cage Setup & Decor
Two pounds and forty minutes of entertainment. This is the best value in the hobby.

hamster-c16bUneO8zdgiaQkhG6.jpg hamster-c39ABqa50aPPLZcnorI.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/GeRDOvAs
Noah K.
Noah K.: Cardboard maze for the playpen, total cost about two pounds. Four cereal boxes, a roll of tape and a pair of scissors. He spent forty minute...
Cage Setup & Decor
Twenty centimetres of bedding is the answer to about half the behaviour problems on this site.

https://hamstertribe.com/comment/HIGZCBJW
Liam P.
Liam P.: How I finally stopped the bar chewing. The fix was not more toys. It was moving the cage away from the window and adding twenty centimetres...
Cage Setup & Decor
Same here. As long as they are not curling or catching on fabric he is fine.

hamster-c06duyO0s1ChgKzWXGY.jpg hamster-c52cDzTch8pCT9Tz3zE.jpg hamster-c45lTLMm3rzElqbNylw.jpg hamster-c16bUneO8zdgiaQkhG6.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/eKMhIik3
Chloe B.
Chloe B.: How often do you actually trim nails? Everything online says every few weeks, but mine wears his down on the wheel and I have not needed to...
Health & Vet Help
The bedding change is the likely cause. If it is only softer and he is eating, I would give it 48 hours back on the old bedding.

hamster-c07YdLLUK9LGhl46D5X.jpg hamster-c08bsqz1MdjWXZhJUAU.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/6lm5Pcl9
Daniel R.
Daniel R.: Switched bedding brand two days ago and his droppings went soft. Not watery, just softer than usual and a bit lighter in colour. He is still...
Health & Vet Help
The tube getting stuck story is a good warning. Mine has one that is borderline and I have been putting off dealing with it.

hamster-c59a2eIRW9SDKMKK8Y5.jpg hamster-c35Jw3QsBL89S7iTvYa.jpg hamster-c64RxPmqppmLFML8sWI.jpg hamster-c02YLgj64rvVNbZYPM1.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/PotsjEcb
Liam P.
Liam P.: The photo is a snuggle sack, which is still his favourite thing to sleep in, though not every week. I went through a phase of buying a new...
Cage Setup & Decor
Never thought about using the bathroom for this. Trying it at the weekend.

hamster-c04WKQk6O2veVjmtQvZ.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/ailmwyKc
Marcus T.
Marcus T.: The photo is him after playpen time, which is the most tiring part of his day. I do not have a proper playpen, so I use the bathroom floor...
Treats & Supplies
Treats from the hand and not the bowl is the single best taming tip on this forum.

hamster-c09uKE7bGzYSvmvZHxx.jpg hamster-c389qzaRQiO8TrRaf3R.jpg hamster-c68mk0RMZUsKri1osRF.jpg hamster-c29RvzdmFyo97g1LI3J.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/JbEC7uOS
Daniel R.
Daniel R.: Sharing my current treat list, because I spent the first few months buying colourful things from the pet shop that were mostly sugar. The p...
Treats & Supplies
The heavy hide on the deep corner is a small thing that makes a huge difference.

hamster-c60j2RGy12sMz9w9vma.jpg hamster-c01HijrPqyl347EB264.jpg hamster-c23KYm3TCS4yIIbX3Qx.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/BdbtESYi
Emma W.
Emma W.: Sharing this because it took me two hamsters and a lot of reading to get it right. When I started out I used maybe 4-5cm of bedding because...
Sharing everyday life
A week of doing nothing sounds slow until you realise it saves you a month later.

hamster-c06duyO0s1ChgKzWXGY.jpg hamster-c33KMSkbbx70xmt7fc9.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/07GZmAXp
Chloe B.
Chloe B.: I want to write this down because when I searched for advice at the start I mostly found either "just pick them up" or nothing use...
Sharing everyday life
28 for a Syrian looks ridiculous in the cage until you actually watch them run in it.

hamster-c46liieVE07e3XWBJPa.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/9vYO82Ad
Noah K.
Noah K.: I have now owned four wheels. Here is what I would tell my past self. The single rule that matters: they have to run with a flat back. If t...
Cage Setup & Decor
Shallow is the key bit. I tried a deep one first and he would not use it at all.

hamster-c52cDzTch8pCT9Tz3zE.jpg hamster-c58TQSSLl6BsmouiOwn.jpg hamster-c01HijrPqyl347EB264.jpg hamster-c45lTLMm3rzElqbNylw.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/o5ucTWJT
Liam P.
Liam P.: Switched to a shallow ceramic bowl last month. He drinks noticeably more and it is much easier to see how much he is actually getting. Only...
Treats & Supplies
Scroll up to load more