Sofia M.

Sofia M.

@luna_the_hammy

Follow
Block?
Confirm
The age brackets are a good way to think about it rather than one rule for all hamsters.

hamster-c07YdLLUK9LGhl46D5X.jpg hamster-c50ZkGXvPoEvYU2nlHd.jpg hamster-c14adXQb0hidX0WIVjE.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/daawGCra
zhainan
zhainan: How many times should hamsters be fed per day? [file:7A2vux7M] [file:6s1cAqNk] Feeding plans should be adjusted according to the hamster...
Sharing everyday life
Did you use the same bedding for both weeks? Curious how much that mattered.

hamster-c25Bigc7UvL3qoL0MpD.jpg hamster-c65YykqeGvsoVldZ8vq.jpg hamster-c49dM7Gg0ZiCBK3cWqk.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/DNNaw96G
Emma W.
Emma W.: Bedding depth experiment: fifteen centimetres versus twenty five, two weeks each. I counted tunnels every night. At fifteen he made two shor...
Cage Setup & Decor
Boiling the meat first is not something I would have thought about, good note.

hamster-c61KDQTmDjMJThPsqIc.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/2UR5UCBB
zhainan
zhainan: What do baby hamsters eat? [file:d3kRfU2k] [file:Zc6G3wQY] 1. Hamster pellets Although hamsters can eat a wide variety of foods, hamster pel...
Sharing everyday life
Making this tonight. Did you tape the boxes flat or leave them as boxes?

https://hamstertribe.com/comment/LAZERGII
Noah K.
Noah K.: Cardboard maze for the playpen, total cost about two pounds. Four cereal boxes, a roll of tape and a pair of scissors. He spent forty minute...
Cage Setup & Decor
The squeaking on every rotation is such a good tell. Mine stopped the moment I changed wheels.

hamster-c14adXQb0hidX0WIVjE.jpg hamster-c59a2eIRW9SDKMKK8Y5.jpg hamster-c51DL5jIsJZFsFHuT3Q.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/IWKzJooJ
Ava L.
Ava L.: Signs your wheel is too small, and what I wish I had known. I watched mine for a week and noted three things: his back curving while running...
Health & Vet Help
Two days after a bedding change it is usually the bedding, not illness. Give it another 48 hours and watch the water bottle level. If he keeps drinking normally I would not panic yet.

https://hamstertribe.com/comment/W795JWFO
Daniel R.
Daniel R.: Switched bedding brand two days ago and his droppings went soft. Not watery, just softer than usual and a bit lighter in colour. He is still...
Health & Vet Help
The pinch test with a paperclip is clever. Doing that before I buy next time.

hamster-c12xsl9bu8nSQvhI4eN.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/SM32sd37
zhainan
zhainan: Insufficient exercise causes hamster obesity, bar chewing and stress. A good wheel is enrichment gear, not just a toy. 2026 keepers prioriti...
Sharing everyday life
The bar biting stopping afterwards is the interesting part. Mine does it in the evenings too.

hamster-c401N0l3a9XpB4bS1Od.jpg hamster-c19dZNYyPLZT85eRwA9.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/SEWqdsoN
Marcus T.
Marcus T.: The photo is him after playpen time, which is the most tiring part of his day. I do not have a proper playpen, so I use the bathroom floor...
Treats & Supplies
Waking them up to handle them is the mistake everyone makes. Six months in and I still regret it.

hamster-c13ONX1wInqQg99Ykp9.jpg hamster-c68mk0RMZUsKri1osRF.jpg hamster-c203gRJ8NVcG8WeEOrp.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/Z56SFS4n
Chloe B.
Chloe B.: I want to write this down because when I searched for advice at the start I mostly found either "just pick them up" or nothing use...
Sharing everyday life
The hand measuring point is so true. My deep base turned out to be 8cm.

hamster-c58TQSSLl6BsmouiOwn.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/UhjXVxW8
Emma W.
Emma W.: Sharing this because it took me two hamsters and a lot of reading to get it right. When I started out I used maybe 4-5cm of bedding because...
Sharing everyday life
Robos are fast. Get the biggest wheel you can fit, they cover absurd distances in a night.

hamster-c06duyO0s1ChgKzWXGY.jpg hamster-c22QjdgJzhw9ZyPRMZH.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/Pr3FcERI
Chloe B.
Chloe B.: Kept dwarfs years ago and finally have the space again. Picking up a pair of Roborovskis next week. Surprised how much the recommended cage...
Treats & Supplies
Same as mine at that age. It was about ten days before he was out at seven instead.

hamster-c282XDixAjPs2qFfewQ.jpg hamster-c534aeuFcmgd91ZzOJf.jpg hamster-c07YdLLUK9LGhl46D5X.jpg hamster-c41arZ9BheldACugY8V.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/iEo6BUcp
Marcus T.
Marcus T.: Just brought home a Syrian male, about 10 weeks old. He is still hiding most of the day but comes out around 9pm. Looking forward to learni...
Treats & Supplies
Scroll up to load more