Liam P.

Liam P.

@wheel_runner

Follow 1
Block?
Confirm
The back curving is the one everybody shows in photos without realising.

hamster-c534aeuFcmgd91ZzOJf.jpg hamster-c16bUneO8zdgiaQkhG6.jpg hamster-c1763e8u2A7pdSoj3kD.jpg hamster-c27P3zAi9RiGoj6bqi4.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/H1yk4CjJ
Ava L.
Ava L.: Signs your wheel is too small, and what I wish I had known. I watched mine for a week and noted three things: his back curving while running...
Health & Vet Help
Lighter colour worries me more than the softness, honestly. I would call.

hamster-c61KDQTmDjMJThPsqIc.jpg hamster-c43Wc0thYokB6XhLTco.jpg hamster-c14adXQb0hidX0WIVjE.jpg hamster-c06duyO0s1ChgKzWXGY.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/SdSeKV2h
Daniel R.
Daniel R.: Switched bedding brand two days ago and his droppings went soft. Not watery, just softer than usual and a bit lighter in colour. He is still...
Health & Vet Help
Mine is the same. I check every week and only trim one nail occasionally. A good wheel does most of the work.

https://hamstertribe.com/comment/GF4YEYAA
Chloe B.
Chloe B.: How often do you actually trim nails? Everything online says every few weeks, but mine wears his down on the wheel and I have not needed to...
Health & Vet Help
23:40 is impressively punctual. Mine varies by about an hour depending on when he wakes up.

https://hamstertribe.com/comment/9MQ9DMBX
Daniel R.
Daniel R.: Midnight wheel marathon. Is yours this loud too? Mine starts at exactly 23:40 every night like he has a schedule. I started leaving the room...
Sharing everyday life
Never co-house. Worth saying twice, I have seen people do it and it never ends well.

hamster-c36JGf6XmcwrTddUixt.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/M8ks13B0
zhainan
zhainan: 1. **Lifespan-reducing factors** Hamsters live 2–3 years on average. Improper diet, dirty living environment and neglected health cond...
Treats & Supplies
Herbs scattered through the bedding changed foraging for mine completely. He is busy for an hour now.

hamster-c04WKQk6O2veVjmtQvZ.jpg hamster-c482Q8s7rfsTxA4LBiD.jpg hamster-c39ABqa50aPPLZcnorI.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/Ha9jjUfq
Daniel R.
Daniel R.: Sharing my current treat list, because I spent the first few months buying colourful things from the pet shop that were mostly sugar. The p...
Treats & Supplies
The goal being that they come to you rather than tolerate you is the whole thing. Well put.

hamster-c534aeuFcmgd91ZzOJf.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/zcZaH89A
Chloe B.
Chloe B.: I want to write this down because when I searched for advice at the start I mostly found either "just pick them up" or nothing use...
Sharing everyday life
Saving this. The point about not keeping the cage near a TV is one I had not thought about at all.

hamster-c09uKE7bGzYSvmvZHxx.jpg hamster-c443biTN0M1tkODwhyr.jpg hamster-c68mk0RMZUsKri1osRF.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/hm2sXPbz
zhainan
zhainan: Hamsters look cute and adorable. Many people choose hamsters as their pets. However, hamsters are small in size and have relatively fragile...
Treats & Supplies
Welcome back to it. Bedding depth is the other thing that changed completely since you last kept them.

hamster-c534aeuFcmgd91ZzOJf.jpg hamster-c47onXzQiyrGmI4s0Se.jpg hamster-c50ZkGXvPoEvYU2nlHd.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/mM5ITggC
Chloe B.
Chloe B.: Kept dwarfs years ago and finally have the space again. Picking up a pair of Roborovskis next week. Surprised how much the recommended cage...
Treats & Supplies
Hemp held shape much longer in my cage. Paper collapsed overnight every time.

hamster-c05ItmLVs7NE4l1Vhla.jpg hamster-c50ZkGXvPoEvYU2nlHd.jpg hamster-c324OsMA4vr6coDho2l.jpg hamster-c45lTLMm3rzElqbNylw.jpg
https://hamstertribe.com/comment/tufXtG4f
Noah K.
Noah K.: Paper is cheap and easy to find but it does not hold tunnels at all in my experience. Hemp seems to hold shape better. Anyone compared them...
Cage Setup & Decor
Soft droppings for the first week are pretty common from stress. Keep an eye on it but do not panic yet.

https://hamstertribe.com/comment/xRvXNku5
Chloe B.
Chloe B.: Finally finished the enclosure. Base is a modified storage bin, lid is mesh, and I added a raised platform so there is usable floor space un...
Cage Setup & Decor
The bedding-in-the-bowl problem is universal. I raised mine on a little platform and it mostly stopped.

https://hamstertribe.com/comment/r2J2Ra6H
Emma W.
Emma W.: I keep reading that 15cm is the minimum, but my Syrian just builds one giant nest in the corner and ignores the rest. Should I still fill t...
Sharing everyday life
Scroll up to load more